Friday, June 24, 2011

Microsoft's Bing still sucks!

Microsoft Bing URL Submission page

Ok, I am not exactly sure where to beging because Microsoft sucks at just about everything they do these days except the BSOD(blue screen of death) - which I think they might have actually pioneered. Anyways, I wanted to register the URL of my new website with Bing and so I went to the Bing URL Submission page to do just that. This is not the first URL I have submitted to search engines for indexing so I did not expect to run into any difficulties. Boy was I wrong! The 'captcha' would not let that happen. After trying to get past the captcha for about 20 minutes my frustration mounted to dangerous levels and I gave up on Bing - that's right f*** Bing! I mean c'mon this is the basics after all. If I can't easily submit my URL for indexing how in the world is Microsoft supposed to provide and accurate and up-to-date search of the web when it's missing a bunch of content? The reason Google is dominating the search is because they are on top of this shit unlike both Microsoft and Yahoo who take weeks to index a new site once submitted to them. After studying Bing's URL submission page I noticed just how poorly it was put together. First of all the last sentence of the first paragraph is missing a period. That's right, this kind of sloppiness does not look professional nor does it instill trust into users. Second, nowhere on this page does it mention whether 'captcha' is case sensitive or not. I mean for someone who is having a hard time getting past the damn captcha this is a critical piece of information when it comes to answering the very personal question of: "Am I being retarded or is Microsoft f***ing up?" Well naturally I tried it all: camel case, lowercase, uppercase - to no avail.

Captcha - camel case

Captcha - all lowercase

Captcha - all uppercase

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...